Living with health issues during these times is becoming a big problem and this is especially true for people living with lung and cancer issues. Throw in some misinformation and people not following guidelines on preventing the spread can make for a difficult situation if not an impossible time getting help and maintaining your space.
Now go trying to find information with this political atmosphere and you have an added hurtle to avoid. I’m not going to sit here and give advice due this situation except to warn you there are a lot of bad information out there and it is your responsibility to check out sites that will understand your situation and no politics are involved in their determination(s).
In my opinion the following are good sites to start your search for answers and help.
- Impact of COVID-19 (Corona-virus) on VCF Operations
- Corona-virus (COVID-19) and the WTC Health Program
- 9/11 ENVIRONMENTAL ACTION WORLD TRADE CENTER HEALTH PROGRAM OUTREACH
- City Employees
- WTC 911 Covered Conditions
Who is most at risk to COVID-19?
People with the following should be more concerned and should take extra care.
- Chronic kidney disease.
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant.
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 or higher)
Things to keep in mind and Plan.