Employee Assistance Unit
Things that might help you feel better.
- Smiling(try it you might like it).
- Sleep/Nap/Rest(get plenty of it)
- Helping others
When having a problem on the job or at home this is one place you might want to go to.
Some things to consider before you report there:
- Ask for a civilian counselor if at all possible.
- Most likely you are going to be referred to a professional in the field and under your medical coverage that correspond to your problem, so if you can avoid and find a professional yourself, give some thought about that approach first.
- Check with your medical coverage about your options and costs.
- Talk to your family, peers or Supervisors about problem and about your options.
- Talk to your union rep before going.
When having a personal problem that affects your job it is important to remember its just a job and everything is going to be alright and getting professional help is nothing to be embarrass about, most of us go thru things in life that seem to be the end of something good and it turns out to just be a test of our strength. Be strong and ask for help if you think you need it.
Sometimes all you need is to let it out and someone to hear you.