Yep! Its that time of the year where some things do a metamorphosis to something different, and other things just prepare for the season. Well its no different here in NYC with DSNY.
Snow birds are flying south or getting ready to fly there and the Monarch Butterflies are headed there or probably there already.
As far as DSNY is concern they too get to change to First Responders(full time), people might NOT look at us like that, but no questioning we are.
We are one of the first when it comes to defending the public from diseases and if that were not enough, we are the first line of defense when the weather gets nasty.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Get all your doctors appointment done early.
- Don’t make to many plans to go out in the winter, or get ready to sell or give tickets away 🙁
- Get plans for emergency baby sisters.
- Stack up on your cold weather clothes for work.
- More ideas
My Ten Worst Shifts
- Christmas Day-Line
- New Years Day
- Thanksgiving 4-12
- 4-12 New Years Eve
- 4-12 Super Bowl Day
- First day after Vacation
- Saturday 4-12
- Monday 12-8
- Any shift after a holiday
- 12-8 after chart