Somethings to keep in mind for Night Plow!
- Prepare for the worst and hope for the best!
- Try to keep uniforms,boots and gloves dry.
- Layer your clothing.
- Keep extras gloves,uniforms and cotton inserts in locker.
- Vaseline around face will help keep your face warm and dry and lip balm will help with the lips.
- Keep your phone charged, just in case you get stuck in the middle of nowhere.
- Be early and prepare to work.
- Stay inform.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Update your personal information.
- Make keys to every piece of equipment you think you might use!
- Keep your personal car in shape for the cold.
- Wear 2 pairs of socks unless its to tight for your feet, if too tight it might stop your circulation and that is never good, especially when frostbite is possible.
- Rubber Boots
- Long Johns
- Ear Muffs
- Rain Gear
- If you do get caught out there and starting to get frostbite, try to keep fingers, toes and body moving .
- Snacks in case you get stuck somewhere where there is nothing open to get something to eat.
Safety First and Always!